Wednesday 10 April 2013

Scene on Screen - check out your local library


I know that libraries are not a secret, but perhaps not so well known is the fantastic service available in most libraries for renting the latest DVDs for what, as far as I know, is the cheapest rental around.  And the service, at least in my county, beats the likes of any online rental service I've encountered hands down.
As well as being able to browse what's on offer at your local branch, you can go online and reserve them.  If they don't have it in my branch, I can request it from another Dorset branch and they will send it across to mine where I can pick it up within 7 days. And I can return it to my local branch too.  No travel, no hassle.


And so, with a little forward planning, I've often got my weekend's viewing sorted and ready to collect on Saturday.  I don't know how much yours charge, but mine are 50p a day.  

And my most adventurous rental?  The Killing Series 1.  20 hour long episodes over one weekend.  Nearly killed me.  But well worth it.



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous - will have to check out my local library's DVD collection now, especially with our nearest video shop having just closed down.

    We are weekly visitors to our library for baby and toddler song and rhyme time and already borrow the maximum weekly allowance of books. Will have to add DVDs to our lending pile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.