Tuesday 30 April 2013

Self Indulgence - Pilates

What do I have in common with Pippa Middleton?
We both do Pilates.  Sadly, the similarity ends there.
But my weekly class with Nyree is my hour of self indulgence and surprisingly it's not just because I get to lie down for most of the time.


Contrary to popular myth, I was quite graceful and athletic as a child.  Due to apathy, those days are long gone, but I am trying to stave off the early signs of old age.
What are the benefits?  They help with my alignment, stamina, co-ordination, concentration and flexibility and  provide me with a vital opportunity to relax too.
You can use a book, DVD or follow someone online, but one of the added benefits of attending a class is the bonhomie between gurning classmates as we try to hold the 'plank', master the 'elephant' or endure the dreaded 'hundred'.
So why not find out about a class near you.  If I can do it, anyone can. 
(Although you should check with the instructor or your doctor before hand!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.