Wednesday 8 May 2013

Meet the Maker - My Paper Cut Heart


I know very little about the creator of My Paper Cut Heart as she only appears to take commissions via Facebook but I love her work and admire her skill.
The intricacy of her pieces is quite breathtaking and I love that she describes her work as ranging from the sublime to the downright quirky.  She clearly has a penchant for her magical hares.

The piece above was commissioned for a couple who love beach bonfires, guitar playing and fancy dress....spot the bunny ears hiding in the tree!

And there is a nod to her Welsh location in her dragon design.
   
I have seen on her Facebook page that she has also had limited edition prints made.
If you know more about Jen, the woman behind this work, please let us know.
All images (c) My Paper Cut Heart

3 comments:

  1. Jen recently moved here - Llanwrtyd Wells, Mid Wales which is a bit of a crazy little town and she fits in just nicely. We love her work and it is every bit as amazing as it looks - 'in the flesh' it is just extraordinary. She is currently doing a commission for me to give to my husband for his birthday - if you look at her facebook page you will see a piece with a drummer. He is perfect - looks just like my husband. How does she do that? a very talented lady. BTW she is currently creating some limited edition prints for sale (pinned to the top of her Facebook page) so you may be able to acquire one of her little gems that way. June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us know a bit more about Jen. I've been watching her progress with the drummer on Facebook. It looks great. I'm sure your husband will be thrilled. I'm going to have to check out the prints so I can get one.

      Delete
  2. Jen is a true talent and the nicest lady you will ever meet. She has just done a commission for me and it is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.