Thursday 30 January 2014

Meet the Maker - Jane Means

I love trying to wrap presents beautifully and have even spent December weekends in a shopping mall in Surrey offering Xmas gift wrapping for charity, but realise I am a mere amateur when I look at the amazing work produced by Jane Means.

Jane started out in floristry but set up her company nearly 20 years ago from her kitchen table.
After starting off by making bespoke cards and wedding stationery she realised her true passion was gift wrapping and decided to start her own gift wrapping courses.
Based in London and Lincoln, Jane's hobby quickly became a full time business with clients travelling from the far flung corners of the world to attend the workshops she holds around the UK.  She also offers private courses at home or in the workplace and you may well have seen her work in glossy magazines, on the television or in one of the more glamorous boutiques such as Dior, Ralph Lauren or Selfridges.


I urge you to try one of her workshops, but if you can't, at least check out her blog or that of one of her team of experienced ribbon bloggers who regularly post DIY tutorials and crafting ideas. 
There's even a DVD and plans for a book which I'm sure will inspire.  In the meantime I'm off to raid my ribbon box although I think I may have to indulge in some of her trademark collection soon!
All our products come in tissue or straw filled rustic presentation boxes and although I'm a little nervous to mention it on the same page as Jane, we offer a gift wrap service of our own which you can find out more about here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.