Tuesday 11 March 2014

Design Challenge - Inspiration from a cake!

My sister in law is one of the most creative people I know (and is married to one of the others!)
For her son's recent birthday she made not only this amazing birthday cake but also these absolutely fab cupcakes for everyone to take home at the end of the day.
I know Kim for her attention to detail but there can't honestly be many people who would go to the effort of making unique toppers for each one.  Just love them.
Anyway, it gave me another thought about where you might get some inspiration for your own design in our challenge.  Mine came from her cakes.
I took the basic idea and sketched out my own picture.  I've tried to keep the different parts of the image completely separate by drawing them in different and distinct colours.  This will help when it comes to transferring the image onto the software for embroidering.
You can either draw the different components on separate sheets of paper or do it as one image.
To find out how this turns out pop back later when I'll update the blog with the finished result.  And in the meantime, I hope this has given you food for thought and inspired you to have a go at our design challenge.  To see how to enter click here ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends. If you have a secret place, shop, book or hobby you would like to share, we want to hear about it. Email us at enquiries@cobwebknits.co.uk together with a bit of info about you and any links or images you would like included.